Eco Policy & Concept
Hotel Uyah Amed & Spa Resort has an ECO policy & Concept for sustainable development and pollution prevention.
Hotel Uyah Amed & SPA Resort consists of Hotel Uyah Amed & SPA and Amed Dive Center in one resort. We strive to provide excellent services to our customers in a responsible manner that takes environmental aspects, safety, Balinese traditions, and work environment for our employees into account.
Hotel Uyah Amed & SPA Resort is designed, built and managed to utilize natural resources in a responsible and efficient way and preserves the traditional harvesting of sea salt.
We are committed to preserve Nature by applying an Environmental Management System that is focused on the efficient utilization of natural resources, usage of renewable energy and the principle of Reduce, Reuse and Recycle. We are committed to keep our premises clean & green.
Amed Dive Center is committed to take care of the marine life and to continue building an artificial reef in front of Hotel Uyah Amed & Spa Resort – Amed Ghost Bay.
We are committed to treat our staff in a fair and responsible manner and support local traditions.
Hotel Uyah Amed and SPA Resort
Signed by owner I Nyoman Sudiana
Revised on 10 July 2012
Some facts about our concept & efforts on sustainable development
We, from Hotel Uyah Amed & Spa Resort have considered sustainable development right from the start and considered this concept already at
ECO Policy & Concept – Siting, Design and Construction
- Hotel Uyah (the Salt Hotel) Amed is build around the traditional salt panning in Amed to conserve this heritage and traditional salt panning is still conducted by people from Amed village on our premises! Inside our Cafe Garam (Salt Cafe) is a small “Salt Museum” and an explanation board to inform our guest about the process. Our staff is trained to show and explain the traditional salt panning process. Many people (local and foreign) come to us to see this!
- Hotel Uyah Amed & Spa Resort was build to fit aesthetically into the area and uses Balinese stile elements and local decoration products. It was built by local workers from Amed and surrounding using mostly locally available material.
- Double walls were used (at certain sensitive areas) and insulation is installed at its roofs to reduce heat and noise
- Hotel Uyah Amed & Spa Resort was designed to use air ventilation for good air quality and cooling and uses Solar water heaters (with LPG back up) for water heating. All warm water pipes are double insulated to avoid heat losses.
- Energy saving bulbs and LEDs for lighting and highly energy efficient Split Air Conditioners are installed.
- Hotel Uyah Amed & Spa Resort installed toilets with water saving buttons and water saving shower heads
- Less than 30% of Hotel Uyah Amed & Spa Resort land is utilized for buildings
- Hotel Uyah Amed & Spa Resort uses local plants and trees and is continuously greening all those areas that are not used for the traditional salt panning (where this cannot be done)
- An environmental impact assessment was performed in line with Government regulations
- Hotel Uyah Amed & Spa Resort has all required licenses for buildings and operation
We continued to apply the sustainable development concept during operation of Hotel Uyah Amed & introduced a basic Environmental Management System during operation and utilized “lessons learned” during our significant extensions in 2008/2009 and 2011/2012 to Hotel Uyah Amed & Spa Resort.
Eco Policy & Concept – Hotel Uyah Amed & Spa Resort Operation:
Policy, organization and sustainable management:
- Hotel Uyah Amed & Spa Resort has an ECO policy and maintains a basic Environmental Management System. We appointed an ECO manager, check our performance, discuss and decide about potential improvements, implement our decisions and review and, if necessary, revise our policy and objectives to achieve continual improvement
- Our ECO manager conducts awareness training for all new staff (including trainees) and we train our staff on good practices in line with their duties.
Surrounding Communities, Cultural Heritage and Social Responsibility
- Hotel Uyah (the Salt Hotel) is build around the traditional salt panning in Amed to conserve this heritage and traditional salt panning is still conducted by people from Amed village on our premises!
- All employees of Hotel Uyah Amed and Spa and our Amed Dive Center, including management, are residents of Amed and the near surrounding. The only exception is the operation manager of Amed Dive Center, who comes from Denpasar (Bali).
- All employees are insured in the Indonesian health insurance and pension fund
- We purchase locally available products as much as possible and support locally available services and producers
- We conduct regular (every early morning) beach clean ups
- Our Amed Dive Center is continuously building an artificial reef to conserve the marine life in the area
- Our Amed Dive Center staff picks up waste found during dives in reefs and has conducted a marine live awareness activity and several beach clean ups with children from Amed’s school
Hotel Uyah Amed & Spa Resort provides access for people with special needs. People in wheelchairs can get around without help from street level to the lobby, our restaurant “Café Garam”, the beach pool with its salt bar and to our lounge without stairs since we have installed ramps. We provide a wooden ramp for the access to our ocean view bungalows and ocean view family villas. Due to a lack of space we cannot install wooden ramps at our poolside bungalows! The entrance doors are 80 cm wide and the door to the bathroom is 70 cm wide. We had several guest with wheelchairs and received positive remarks. The ramps make live also easier for people with small children and baby strollers!
- Hotel Uyah Amed and Spa purchases consumables with minimum packaging and/or recyclable packaging material (returnable bottles, bulk packaging and use refill containers for soap and shampoo. We follow the concept Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
- Since January 2020:
To reduce the growing amount of plastic waste
– we do not use plastic straws but environmentally friendly paper straws
– we no longer provide AQUA drinking water for our guests in disposable plastic bottles but in refillable pitchers
- We always consider (and check) energy efficiency when purchasing electrical equipment (pool pumps, ACs, light bulbs, refrigerators etc.)
Energy and Water:
- Hotel Uyah Amed & Spa Resort uses energy saving bulbs and LEDs for lighting and installed highly energy efficient Air Conditioners and refrigerators. During operation we have, over the years, replaced almost all incandescent light bulbs and halogen lamps with energy saving bulbs and LEDs
- Pool pumps working hours and lighting is controlled and adjusted to needs
We use Solar water heaters (with LPG back up) for water heating. All warm water pipes are double insulated to avoid heat losses. We replaced un-insulated steel pipes (used in the 8 bungalows erected in 2001) with double insulated pipes and redesigned our self made solar heating system for these 8 bungalows in 2009 to achieve higher efficiency
- We use Solar heated water for our laundry
- Our guest can decide if the towels shall be washed or not
- We measure and record our energy consumption on a monthly basis
- Hotel Uyah Amed and Spa purchases consumables with minimum packaging and/or recyclable packaging material (returnable bottles, bulk packaging and use refill containers for soap and shampoo.
- We separate waste at the point of origin. We reuse materials whenever possible and provide dry plastic, cans, cardboard and paper and glass for recycling. Organic waste is composted in our own compost. Remaining waste, which is indeed very little, is disposed to a collector provided by the local government.